Equality Impact Assessments Elearning Course
Equality Impact Assessments
Enhance the skills and confidence of your staff
Equality Impact Assessments (EIA) are a legal requirement laid down by the public sector equalities legal framework to prevent discrimination in the performance of public functions and to maximise opportunities to promote equality.
The public sector duties require all public authorities and private companies providing public services to demonstrate their arrangements for:
- Monitoring policies for any adverse impact.
- Gathering information on the effects of policies.
- Assessing and consulting on the likely impact of proposed policies on equality.
- Training staff in relation to their duties.
- Publishing the results of consultation, monitoring and assessments.
- Reviewing and reporting progress on equality.
Integrated, cyclical EIAs are a remarkably effective tool through which organisations can benchmark progress in matching their policies' actual equality outcomes to their intended outcomes.
EIAs help ensure that staff and customers are not discriminated against by how an organisation operates and help public authorities ensure that policies serve to advance equality and tackle discrimination.
Our e-Learning programme clearly demonstrates the fundamental business benefits of effective and compliant EIAs through an engaging series of stages, each accompanied by expert comment and guidance.
Part 1: Understanding EIAs – A comprehensive overview of the process; the key drivers and benefits, why and who should do it and sign it off; who should be involved and consulted; when it should be done; what needs to be impact assessed; the criteria for quality assuring EIAs; monitoring and review processes.
Part 2: Process Development and Screening – This part is designed to enhance understanding of how to conduct an effective EIA, pre-policy development and screening, scoping the EIA; the importance of effective data collecting; involving and consulting relevant stakeholders; assessing impact; action planning, report and sign off; and publication and review.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
Our Equality Impact Assessment training helps your staff understand:
- What an EIA is.
- How to plan an EIA.
- The key legal and policy drivers for EIAs.
- The importance and key aspects of stakeholder engagement.
- The business benefits of the EIA process.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information