Gender Matters Elearning Course
Creating an inclusive workplace for both women and men
Colleagues should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of gender.
Take the case of the large builders merchants who had an excellent delivery driver. The only problem was that she was female amongst an all male workforce, so had to put up with a lot of banter, bordering on harassment. Should they risk losing their best worker just because of her gender?
This course allows organisations to realise the important benefits for employees, customers and stakeholders alike of encouraging a workforce based on ability, not gender.
The 'Gender Matters' course enables employees to recognise the processes and behaviours that are consistent with inclusion and equality.
The course content covers the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and ensures that your staff gain the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a gender inclusive team.
Course Content includes
- Why gender matters
- Valuing difference
- Towards a level playing field
- Flexible working
- Mutual respect
- A series of scenarios to trigger discussion and reflection.
- Interactive exercises and an assessment quiz.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
'Gender Matters: Creating an inclusive workplace for both women and men' will enable your staff to have a better understanding of:
- Employers' and employees' obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- A variety of real-life factors that support and inhibit gender balance at work
- People's different needs, depending on their gender
- Gender bias in employment, for people undertaking gender reassignment as well as men and women
- Effective working relationships through organisational culture change, to develop insights and build strong teams
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information