Maternity and Paternity Elearning Course
Maternity and Paternity
The Management Guide
This course takes you through the process of working with an employee from the moment she informs you of her pregnancy, to the point where she returns to work, and beyond. It addresses motherhood and fatherhood at work, placing these in the context of managing your whole team, and building on your existing people skills to do so.
The resource introduces the 'A frame'. The A frame helps you to successfully structure conversations with your employee and has been developed especially for this course by a leading expert.
Further expert input from within well known public and private sector organisations adds sound advice and insights on people management, legal, diversity and change management aspects of supporting new parents in your team.
Why do I need a special guide to Maternity and Paternity?
When an employee becomes a parent it is a huge change in their life. The process starts from the moment you are informed of the pregnancy and continues beyond your employee's return. How you handle the process as a manager influences the employee's well-being and their commitment to returning, as well as how the wider team and organisation are affected.
Completion of this programme will help individual managers, and the organisations in which they work, develop better strategic handling of maternity/ paternity. In turn, this supports retention and attraction of the best possible talent pool and the effective management of working parents as part of a team.
Successfully managing new parents at work will, over time, increase the flexibility of your workforce to respond to the trends and needs of today's business and working environment.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
The aim of this resource is to help you successfully manage maternity and paternity transitions in your team at work. By completing this programme, you will:
- Understand the business, legal and societal factors that increasingly demand best practice, at all levels, when managing maternity/ paternity
- Develop your awareness of the issues surrounding maternity and paternity
- Gain the confidence to manage maternity and paternity transitions effectively.
- Be able to apply a simple and effective framework to underpin and support planning, communication and negotiations.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information