The Diversity Challenge
The Diversity Challenge
Maximising the potential of our diverse workforce
What is diversity and why do your people need diversity training?
Diversity has become one of those buzzwords that everybody recognises but few people can satisfactorily define. We believe that diversity is about celebrating difference, and valuing and respecting everyone in the workplace. All this, however, is easier said than done. That is why we have developed The Diversity Challenge, a range of awareness raising learning solutions.
Produced in association with a leading occupational psychology practice, The Diversity Challenge will help your people challenge long-held misconceptions and prejudices about race, age, disability and all the other ways in which we differ. It will help them understand why unwitting discrimination and harassment happens, and how to ensure equal opportunities. Also it will focus them on the personal and business benefits of diversity at work.
How this course will benefit your organisation
Designed for employees from shop floor level to the boardroom, our e-learning resources and DVDs are equally valuable for introducing aspects of diversity to staff for the first time, or for helping managers and HR professionals get the best from an organisation-wide diversity programme.
Training people to understand and embrace diversity is not an event, it's a process. The Diversity Challenge can form a central part of this process for your organisation, and as a result will help you avoid costly and damaging discrimination claims, and create a more comfortable, inclusive work culture.
The course encourages people to recognise that today's workforce is a mosaic of ethnic groups, religions, genders, physical abilities, sexual orientations, ages and lifestyles, and that in order to treat people equally and to enable them to give their best, it is sometimes necessary to treat them differently
Course Content includes
- Introducing why diversity is an important issue for every person in an organisation
- A dramatised scenario featuring an organisation getting to grips with key aspects of diversity
- Providing guidelines for behaviour in a diverse workforce
- Interactive exercises
- Assessment quiz.
- Developing Leadership Skills – How to manage people effectively
- Get That Job – A practical guide to the job search process
- It's About Time - How to achieve more – in less time and with less stress
- Relating To Your Customers – How to meet and exceed customer expectations
- The Resilient Mindset – Face the future with confidence
- Under Pressure – Successfully coping with stress
- Valuing Diversity in Teams – How to ensure effective team-working
- Your Next Step – Develop your career within your organisation
- Assert Yourself – How to communicate effectively
- The Write Way – How to write effective correspondence and other documents
- Performance Appraisal – Constructive staff feedback to help unlock individual potential
- Social Media in the Workplace – Managing the impact and use of social media in the workplace
- How to remove unhelpful 'filters' when recruiting and selecting
- How to avoid unlawful behaviours
- How a diverse workforce is more attuned to the needs of its customers
- How to develop diverse products and services.
- How diverse teams can harness a whole range of talents.
Our off-the-shelf elearning courses combine video drama with documentary sequences and interactive study to provide flexible, cost-effective training that delivers results.
- Powerful drama trigger scenes
- Expert commentary and analysis
- Flexible interactive learning modules
- Step-by-step assessment
- Customisation to suit your organisation's needs
- Low cost per head
Many of our e-learning courses have a corresponding video-based trainer resource.
Our Elearning courses are built to be fully SCORM compliant, which means they will upload and run seamlessly on your in-house Learning Management System.
Alternatively, we can host the courses for you on our own user-friendly, web-based Learning Management System. This system makes it easy to deliver and track our elearning content, and our clear and concise reports give you access to the data you need for compliance or management reports.
Contact us for more information